Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

If You Love Someone...Will You Always?

Maybe...just a little bit? Honestly, it's hard to say. I know being "in love" doesn't mean eternal longevity.

Thanks to Facebook (FB) and Whitney Houston, my life is a social-media love song; filled with melody, rhyme, reason, endless resources, and surprisingly useful information and trends. FB has taught me that sometimes you have to let people go (unfriend); and Whitney has taught me how to do it...especially for those personal friendships/relationships that involves more than just the click of your mouse or a tap of your fingertip.

As people, we grow...we evolve...we (ok, most of us) change (hopefully, for the better). With this, the dynamics in our friendships and relationships with our friends, our lovers, and for some the relationships with former "persons of interest." Assess. Evaluate. Remove those connections that have deteriorated beyond repair and no longer hold value for your life....dead-weight-be-gone!  This is why I always say know the difference between "friends" and "friendly." You DO NOT have to be friends with someone to be friendly and being friendly DOES NOT mean you are friends.

When the time comes (and it definitely should come) to end a friendship or a relationship; take the high road and be nice and mature about it; respectful. Don't take the passive, lame, ignorant approach of not returning phone calls, suddenly being too busy (see my rant on the "busy" excuse) for someone...communicate. Lay the cards out on the table; let them know you are ending the friendship and relationship. You can provide a reason as to why if you want or if they ask, but in the least, effectively communicate that the friendship/relationship is over/complete/done wish/null and void/dissolved. Closure is invaluable; and all parties will appreciate and respect it.

Trust me when I say "it feels good." To let someone know your song is over and there will be no more dancing....priceless.

Yes, I leave you with this to help you find your way home....




No comments:

Post a Comment