Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Podcasting: Putting Myself On-Air

Yes, I am co-hosting a podcast called The THRST. For those unfamiliar, a podcast is essentially the modern-day equivalent of a radio show, except most aren't broadcasted live and are available for you to download and stream anytime and anywhere you get the chance to listen.

With the incomprehensible advances in technology, one can do pretty much anything they want to do -- at affordable prices while maintaining complete control. Want to produce a music CD? Not a problem. Want to shoot a (short) film? That can be done, as well. Is it possible to produce your own radio show? A piece of cake!

I never thought I would actually do a podcast or radio show. I've always wanted to host a television show, but never thought I actually had a chance, because -- you know -- I speak to quickly, I speak too softly, and my Southern accent has a tendency to make an appearance whenever it wishes. Those three things are definite NO's in the public speaking world. At least in the "old" days, but not today.

I am going to say the journey, officially, started with my interest in voice acting. A few years ago, I started attending a voiceover workshop where I learned skills for radio and television commercial voice acting and eventually acquired the equipment I needed to record and submit audition pieces. Then, one day, I was walking with one of my friends and we're having this ridiculously funny conversation and realized we should have our own reality show. That was a bit much, but I realized we could do a radio show (or a podcast) and I already had the equipment. We discussed it for a few weeks and then just did it. The THRST was born!


No sugar- or cream-added, enticingly evil, wickedly funny conversations between two friends on life, dating, pop culture, and every issue in between.  It's humor, attitude, shade, and opinionated-truth!

I'm extending a personal invitation for you to hang out with us: follow up on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and join the conversations. You can listen to us via the player below or subscribe and download us via iTunes and the other networks listed beneath the player.


FIND US HERE:
See, it's possible. No more waiting on others to grant you access or to tell you yes. What do you want to do? Go.Get.It.Done!
"Bring snacks, the tea is on us!" (click to tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment