Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

MY LIFE IN MUSIC: Soundtrack to Me 2010

Relax, I'm not singing ... or 'attempting' to sing as some of you may say. My Life in Music is the soundtrack to my life over the past year. A small collection of songs that shook my world, captured my emotions, reflected aspects of my personality, contain lyrics that touched my soul, or just repeatedly made me shout "That is my song!" every time I heard it. Yes, these are the songs that reflected me in 2010. It's a solid collection; some of the songs you may already know...the others you should definitely review. The artists are all wonderful. As I always say, to me music is a therapy: it relaxes me, it inspires me, it becomes my voice to express myself when I cannot find the words. I present to you .... MY LIFE IN MUSIC: Soundtrack to Me 2010
  • I Am Changing - Jennifer Hudson
  • Finally Got the Nerve - Patti LaBelle
  • Hurt Again - Mary J. Blige
  • Sometimes I Cry - Eric Benet
  • Impossible - Shontelle
  • Shoulda Let You Go - Keyshia Cole
  • Let It Flow - Toni Braxton
  • What's Up Lonely - Kelly Clarkson
  • How Will I Know - Whitney Houston
  • Religious - R. Kelly
  • If It's Magic - Stevie Wonder
  • Tuck Me In - Kimberly Scott
  • Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles) - Jazmine Sullivan
  • New Day - Patti LaBelle
  • I Live Here Now - Kelly Price
  • Exhale (Shoop, Shoop) - Whitney Houston
  • Long Goodbye - India.Arie
Remember, the 2010 soundtrack is the second installment; 2009 was the beginning. ;-) Put your life to music. What are your tunes?

No comments:

Post a Comment