Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Monday, June 6, 2011

This Time Around?

I know many have said it before. Hell, I've said it myself a few times: I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday; no, I wouldn't change anything I've done in my life because it wouldn't be me. I get this. I, also, get that some people say it just to speak...they have no idea what they are saying but figure they sound 'deep'. (eye roll) {whatever} Now, what if you were given the opportunity to do something over, again; you know, a second time around. And not because of something you did wrong, but because someone else goofed-up and acted a fool. This is another opportunity for them. An opportunity to either do right by you or to screw you over, again. Would you do it?

A lot of people fail to get and understand this, but I'm one of those people that if you piss me off, I'll willingly, gladly, and before you can even think of it...burn the bridge and blow away the ashes. My philosophy is: if you can strike a match, be able to handle the fire.

So, you know good and well I was beyond surprised when a former co-star reached out to reconnect and came with an admission that they weren't very nice to me. After I moved away from the "floored" look, I was stuck contemplating how to pose the question: are you dumb or just really stupid?

And of course, since music is my life, Janet Jackson's "You Want This" enters my mind: "you want this, but do you really think that you could get this? At first you dissed this now you want to kiss this?" I know you're like me, ready to shake your hip, to the booty slap, and yell "too late...you missed this."

Once that door is opened...all the questions come flying in: what do you want? Why are you here? Why now? If you didn't want me then, what makes you think I want you now? Can I trust you? Can we get along without retaliation? Start over, again?

I'm always growing, improving, and evolving; in constant change (for the better); if it wasn't right then, how is it supposed to be right now? You either have an agenda or you're on a mission; and don't even think I'm about to be your distraction. Homey doesn't play that...AT ALL (unless you have a profitable agenda of your own).

I don’t do any day, any time, or any place. Get it right the first time and quit wasting time. I'm more of a one-time only; come right or stay home kind of guy.

I'll think about it this time around; but, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment