Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Kink?

A Thin Line Between Favored and Fetish


Favored: regarded or treated with preference or partiality; to indulge a liking for [dictionary.com]. We all have preferences and things we favor: fried/hardboiled, sparkling/flat, retail/wholesale, first class/whatever else is behind the curtain where the common people sit; modern/classic. To an extreme, a preference can become a fetish…and we all know what that entails. If you don’t, well…that’s another newsletter.

In the meantime, you need to figure it out and let me introduce you to something not many are aware of…Racial Fetishism. It’s really what the name says – when your preference for members of a particular race/s crosses the proverbial ‘thin’ line into fetish-country (passport required?). Questions existing: Are you ashamed of your attraction to members of a race? Feel guilty about it? Would you like others to know about it? Would you say something racially offensive to someone during an intimate moment (i.e., sex)? It happens. Yes, it does (so I’ve been told…let’s get that straight before it’s even asked). If so, we may have a problem. I believe one should be attracted to/interested in another for whom they are and not the color of their skin. I won’t call this a new phenomenon, but its prevalence is increasing. Horror story: This one Unattractive was tempted by my sexiness…or so I thought. We met in a public place (safety first); despite the fact we’ve known each other for a while—you never know when someone will act-a-fool. It started with his asking me to accompany him to the restroom. Can you say “absolutely not”! Talk about being too grown for someone to hold your hand or keep you company while you handle your business. Next, we’re walking down the street and he’s calling out random names of DINERS and other I-don’t-think-so establishments! (Yes, I know…WTF!?) It gets better…he then mentions The Sheraton (as in hotel). Who would do The Sheraton in NYC…and why? I didn’t even know they had a restaurant. They probably don’t; Clown Boy was more interested in their restroom. He obviously had me confused with someone else—I’m classy. I barely do public restrooms for their intended purposes; so forget about that other stuff…OH HELL TO THE NO! Then, he starts “talking dirty” which was more along the lines of ridiculous and offensive – a prime moment to beat a jerk and walk away.


This incident plagued me for a few minutes; I wasn’t sure if I should be offended because he thought I would partake in classless, trashy, public restroom activities of the extracurricular nature or from his only being interested in me for my skin color or both.

If you’re ever involved in an involuntary fetish situation, please be careful. While they can be humorous (in retrospect), these situations can also violent and abusive—physically, mentally, and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment