Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wanting to Exhale

Is It Natural or Dependent Upon Something?

Is ‘waiting to exhale’ the same as ‘wanting to exhale’ or is one a part of the other? I’m sure you understand what I’m talking about: having the strong need to feel the state of peace and relaxation we experience after having a good, strong, and deep sigh of relief. Reaching the point to exhale is not always about having a “person of interest” in our lives, but for most of us, it is – so we’ll stick with that.

I’ve adapted Savannah’s opening statements from Waiting to Exhale (the movie) to help get my point across: I asked God to send me a descent man (and I wrote a poem about it; “All I Want For Christmas). Between then and now: Keith, Shawn, Renzo, a slew of David’s, and a few names I can’t remember—which is probably a good thing—have appeared. I’m aware that God works in mysterious ways, but some serious explaining needs to be done. My next request (to go along with the poem) had a little more detail: could he be cute, tall, have his senses (common, self, humor, respect, taste), class and style, and if he’s going to be 50 could he have a career (have had a career, or at least a real job). Please note: Calling yourself a playwright when you’re 49 because you wrote a play (which was probably a skit) for your family when you were 12 is HIGHLY unacceptable.

This is the point I’ve reached; it’s not even scary, it’s frightening and sad. I know it’s not the point to exhale, but I’m tired of waiting…I’m wanting! It’s time to get my second wind, breathe again, and move on to something else. Who knows, perhaps I can do some shooping along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment