Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

People Wonder Why I'm Single

...DATING AIN'T EASY!

Even for me...with all my sex appeal, swag, and fabulosity...in a city with far too many millions of people. It doesn't mean a thing; except that there are...

*more freaks (and not in a good way)

*more geeks (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but these are of the unsexy variety and many are crazy as all hell. s-c-a-r-y!)

*more people who don't do/aren't into/afraid of...commitment. (I don't get it; the way people react to "the c-word," it's as if it will take you six weeks and a prescription or a shot to get rid of it. I must not be considering something...will someone please enlighten me?) [PS: it's not commitment that will do you in; it's that "L" word -- 4 letters; In a movie, Halle Berry said "it's like some kind of disease you just catch."]

*more people who "just got out of something serious" (which implies that I somehow missed the boat...or maybe I'm on the wrong island; everyone I encounter seems to be getting off the boat...maybe I should be on the other island getting ON the boat. Hmmmm.)

*more people who just want sex (Sex; and sex only...some are even willing to pay for it; this is what I've been told...no one's offered to pay me. SAD...I can't seem to get any kind of paying gig. lol.)

*more people who don't want to be your Sugar Daddy/Momma because someone else took them through the ringer or they think their friends will judge them (Now, if you have the friend situation...you need new friends. I think it's time I say this: to this day, I have yet to be involved [notice I said 'involved' and not 'met'] with someone who even qualifies to be one of my personal sponsors [the Sugar Daddy/Momma thing is sooooo o-u-t]. Just because you make more money than I do, doesn't mean you can afford me; and also...Tumi isn't [that] expensive and I don't need you to take care of me.)

*more people who are intimated by me and my fabulousness (What can I say? I'm me...I have always been and I will always be. I have excellent taste in quality things...much of it just happens to be expensive. Get use to it!) [Here's what I don't understand about this caveat.....it seems to me that those who notice and are uncomfortable with my taste in things fail to realize that I have interest in them -- of course, this only applies to those whom I actually have interest. I don't get it. Enlighten me?]

*more people who party (Do I even need to mention the smokers and drug users? Smoke annoys the hell out of me and drugs I'm not even trying to get into. So, the way I see it, being around those who have these factors in their life [more so drugs than smoking] invites unappreciated drama and pressure in my life. Do I need it? Do I want it? Hell to the no!)

*more people who don't satisfy my standards and requirements
(Call me a bitch...call me mean...call me jaded...call me bitter...call me scorned....call me anything you want, but you will NEVER call me unsatisfied, because I REFUSE to settle. No way; no how...not going to happen.

I keep meeting candidates who fall into one or more of the above categories. There are a few more, but these are the simple answers to why I (and I'm sure countless others) am single...so quit asking. The next person who asks may just have to get bitch-slapped...Knots Landing and Dynasty style.

And for those who have the audacity and unmitigated gall to ponder...yes, it's them and not me. Don't get it twisted!

No comments:

Post a Comment