Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

PSA: Friendly vs Friends

Remember in Boomerang where Halle Berry's character said she was tired of men treating "love" like it was disease? I feel her on that and also how they treat the word "friends" when they should be using the word "friendly." They must think being "friends" picking up a ball and tossing it somewhere. "Love" and "friends" are words of weight; not to be thrown around loosely, lightly, or recklessly...especially 'true' love and friendship.

So, for those confused souls who don't know the difference between being 'friends' and being 'friendly' and definitely for those who try to use 'friends' as a part of their game and still don't know the difference. Allow me to focus the spotlight...

Being FRIENDLY is when I act like I love you and don't want to [insert verb here] you.

Being FRIENDS is when I do love you and won't let anyone else [insert verb from above here] you.

Get it right, not twisted. We don't have to be friends...and I don't have to be friendly to you, either.

{side-eyed stair}

No comments:

Post a Comment