Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cupcake Contention

I'm not sure what has become of traditional bakeries and classic treats such as brownies and cookies, but these days deluxe, delicious, and designer gourmet cupcakes are all the rage. Truthfully, as much as I want to lose 20lbs (hold your comments); I hate to say it, but I'm almost sure I've developed a cupcake addiction. Mind you, it is moi we're talking about, so you know I'm not addicted to just any ol' cupcake, but a cupcake of substance, quality, decadence and utmost approval and deliciousness. Once I start, it's awfully hard to stop -- you can't eat just one, but I try.

Just like I'm not addicted to any ol' cupcake, I'm also not addicted to cupcakes from just anyone's over. Ugh-ugh...absolutely not! Not my style! I'm addicted to gourmet cupcakes from THREE different companies; I kid you not! I can eat them without notice. I have my fave creation from each cupcakery (my word, but you can use it), but cannot bring myself to choose one favorite overall. These are just my faves from the selections that I've tried...there are still many options remaining at each bakery; not even going to mention the bakeries I have not had the pleasure of visiting (Babycakes and Buttercup Bake Shop [Peanut Butter and Jelly] are on my list to be tried soon and very soon) or those I have ruled out for other reasons (subtext: some things are just nasty). I think you should try all the cupcakes; especially from my three fave cupcakeries. Of the establishments I am about to name, they may have their own nominee for their best cupcake; be sure to ask them when you visit.

Georgetown Cupcake - (@GTownCupcake) A welcomed discovery I made by walking by (someone's desk) and being curious; another reason it pays to be nice -- you get rewarded with treats. My favorite GTown Cupcake thus far is their delicious and moist PB Fudge.

Sweet Revenge - (@sweetrevengenyc) I was introduced by a friend and fell in love immediately. First, you know I love the name...and that's all I'll say about that. Secondly, my friend is one of those who "playas" who try to be smooth and on the romantic tip in his dating excursions ... the venue is cute and provides a great atmosphere for the occasional first date; an added bonus is that they pair these sweet treats with wine. My favorite is the Sweet Revenge Cupcake, but I'll suggest trying the Not So Dirty -- they are only available on select days.

Crumbs - (@CrumbsBakeShop) Don't worry; you won't have any 'crumbs' leftover to clean up. My first Crumbs experience was with a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake...I've been hooked ever since. They are pretty much a staple at office parties and becoming ever popular at birthday parties. I warn you now, they are ginormous. My ultimate favorite is the Blackout -- never had a bad one, I like them room temperature or chilled, and I often get them two and a time-- followed closely by the seasonal Chocolate Pecan Pie. Red Velvet is proclaimed to be their top selling cupcake; I've also been told to check out their new flavor Milkshake (I imagine it has all the boys...and girls...running to a location).


Also, trendy and worth checking out is Baked By Melissa -- delicious and cute mini cupcakes. No personal faves, but they definitely add color to a party or celebration...and make great gifts, as well.

As I've said, I have no final favorite as I still have many options to experience, but I'm not giving up...I'm holding on and keeping strong. Believing that one day, I'll be able to say..."And, the winner is...."

It will likely be Blackout, but you never know.

If/when you've had some wonderful cupcake experiences, let me know...I'm also open to suggestions.

Get your eat on!

No comments:

Post a Comment