Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oprah In Me: O-So Fave Things

You know you want this...and everybody wants to be Oprah Winfrey; except me. Madam Winfrey is fab, great, grand...and beyond wonderful; I give her that. My hat off to her! However, I know I could never be her...I can only be me! I...we...can learn from her; from what she's done and everything she's accomplished. Don't worry, I'm going to spare you the "this is how to succeed," "this is how to get rich" spiel; I'm not even going to say my usual....DO BETTER.

Nope. No way. Not this time. I'm channeling another part of Ms. O --- quality and standards. Oprah has some out of this world taste and grand standards; which is why practically everything she references/recommends/mentions/thinks about and selects as a 'favorite' or 'pick' becomes an instant hit and a favorite of many of her fans and followers (can you say "powerful" and "highly influential"?). I have impeccable taste and standards too; go ahead, admit it...you know it's true. [smile]

So, I present to you, my inner Oprah and my recent (ok, first official) "O-So Fave Things" list. Now, I warn you...don't hurt yourself.

MY O-SO FAVES:
  • Sharpie pen - A quintessential writing tool! Lightweight, smooth writing, and it doesn't bleed through your paper.
  • Systane eye lubricant and ointment - Yes, I had my doubts...at first, but I absolutely LOVE the Systane Ultra Lubrican Eye Drops and the Systane Nighttime Ointment. They leave your eyes feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. I've often used "moist" to describe these two products make my eyes feel, but you now...take that as you may.
  • Bath & Body Works shower gels; for men (Twilight Woods and Noir) -- both subtle and clean fragrances that make you want to jump around and dance and sing after your shower, but still leaves you feeling sensual; unisex (Sea Island Cotton) -- yes, this one will have you smelling yourself! It's soft, clean, and crisp. Great for a night out on the town or a cozy, snuggle-heavy night inside.
  • Red Jacket Orchards - Fuji Apple Juice; that's pretty much all that needs to be said. It's pressed; and is likely the best tasting apple juice you will ever have...minus the concentrates.
  • Fage - Strained Greek yogurt. Who knew plain could be so extraordinary!? For those days when you want a little something extra...pour in the topping (honey, strawberry, and blueberry are my fave add-ins).
  • Barbara's - has a few products that tickle my fancy, but their Original Wheatines Crackers are at the top of my list; also try their Peanut Butter Puffins cereal.
  • Glutino - has the BEST pretzel sticks E-VER! Not to mention, they are gluten-free. Hush...don't knock it 'til you try it. You will never want another pretzel. (Look for the blue bag!)
  • French Meadow - Splendid chocolate chip cookies and fudge brownies; gluten-free, as well. You won't want to miss out!!!
  • Revolution tea - Talk about tasty...and cute (they come in individual serving sizes in adorable boxes). Not only did I had to call and tell my mother about these, but I also had some shipped to her as a gift. She loves them, as well!

So, yes, this is the "Oprah in me" that I'm sharing with you. None of my recommendations are paid endorsements or advertisements. I'm all about quality and taste. Each of the above I use and thoroughly enjoy (some I 'live by,' if you will) and use/consume frequently.

Step up to the plate...try them; I dare you! You know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment