Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Hors d'œuvre: Spicy BBQ Lobster Deviled Eggs

Nothing spells Easter like a Fourth-Sunday Sunrise Service Fashion Show at church and an Easter Egg Hunt. Until today! Considering I didn't get in bed until 5am, I didn't see me making it to any body's 6am Sunrise Service, but don't worry...Whitney Houston did 'take me to church' (i.e., "I Love The Lord," "He's All Over Me," "I Go to the Rock") during a private service --- I mean, concert. It's widely known that I don't have any kids (and how I feel about that situation) and Easter Hunts are not my thing; therefore, I didn't see me sitting around dyeing any eggs. So, to fix my eggs for Easter needs...I decided to do deviled eggs to go with my dinner.

I wanted to try something different from my usual sinfully delicious deviled egg recipe, so I got resourceful and creative. The results? Some deviled eggs that are out-of-this-world-Imma-bout-to-smack-a-few-peoples-mamas goooood! And because I am not stingy (and because it's been requested), here's the recipe. Now, don't hurt yourself or anyone else...and prepare to get your finger-licking on!

Side note: I'm assuming everyone knows the basic principles of making deviled eggs, so I didn't give detailed instructions on how to do every step. If I have to describe how you boil an egg or slice an egg in preparation for deviled eggs (and forbid I have to tell you to peel the hard-boiled egg), we may have to fight.

SPICY BBQ LOBSTER DEVILED EGGS

Ingredients:

1 doz large hard-boiled eggs

2 tbsp fresh parsley

2 tbsp chopped scallions

1 tbsp cilantro

2 tbsp chopped chives

1 tbsp Dijon mustard

1/3 c canola mayonnaise

1 tbsp hot pepper sauce

8 oz chopped lobster/crab meat

2 tbsp mesquite smoke bbq sauce

Salt & pepper (to taste)

1 tsp red pepper flakes

Pinch cayenne pepper & chili powder

Paprika


Directions:

Slice the dozen hard-boiled eggs in half; lengthwise. Mash the hard-boiled egg yolks in a bowl. Add next 12 ingredients to bowl with egg yolks. Mix together. Fill the halved egg whites with the yolk mixture (a teaspoon full works perfectly). Sprinkle each filled egg white half with paprika. Refrigerate for at least two hours; then serve.



HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment