Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Confession of a Faller

There's a song that, essentially, states...
in a world where dreams are few...love can sometimes wear you out...chill your soul...make you doubt...that you'll never find the one that's true*

Taken a bit further...love can also make you scream, make you shout, and have you jumping around and shaking all about. That's the bottom; it ain't cute. I've been there...now I'm working my way back to the top.

I confess...I'm a fool for love; cause I keep falling. The higher I have to physically look up, well...you get the picture. But I'm reformed, now; I think.

I know we can fall in various areas of our life. I live everyday trying to keep from falling, but I admit that I have stumbled a few times and on a few occasions I have actually fallen in love. Exactly, two times too many. Foolishly and inexplicably, I have spent most of the past year and a half of my life loving someone whom it seemed stopped caring (notice I said caring; that's because he never made it to loving) me around Week 2. Ask me how I could love him all this time knowing how he felt and how he currently feels about me, and I can give you many different answers...all of which would probably only make sense to me.

There were many moments where I consciously knew it was time for me to let go, let flow, and do me; yet, I stayed around foolishly hoping and wanting for something that would never come to fruition. Well, I finally hit rock bottom. It came in the form of an electronic slap (aka...email) that informed me that he had allowed his ex (the same ex he was in love with while he was dating me; the same ex a few months ago it was paining him to be in love with; the same ex....well, I could go on for a while....) to move in with him, again. That was yesterday.

This is today; I'm a fool no more! My journey to a higher elevation has begun. I've set my boundaries and picked up my pieces; I'm moving on.

Leaving the baggage and emotions behind No more wasting my time On something that will never be mine Got a good momentum goin', and I'm not gon' stop Taking me from rock bottom all the way to the top

I'm not sure if it's gravity, but I already feel lighter; like a burden has been lifted or the hag has been thrown off my back. Maybe it's the new air that's lifting my wings. Either way, I'll fly like an angel and aspire to be like Maya...
"I rise. I rise. I rise."

Y'ALL BETTER WATCH OUT, NOW!
*Not the exact lyrics, but the song is "I Belong To You." Words and music by Derek Bramble and Franne Golde. From the Whitney Houston album, I'm Your Baby Tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment