Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Monday, May 4, 2009

If You Don't Fit...

...DO NOT SIT! It's really as simple as that, yet far too many people don't seem to understand it.

Here's the thing...on the newer and newest subway trains (the MR60's, I think) in NYC approximately three average sized adults can fit in each section (excluding handicap accessible seating). Depending on the size of the seat occupants, 4 to 5 people can sit. In some of the extreme cases I've seen, you can comfortably fit two grown-ass adults (I mean, grown...really 'grown'--read between the lines on that one) and a small child (like 3 years old) in a section. Now, will someone please tell me why is it that there is always some grown-ass person who feels to need to sit someplace they can't fit??? My hip is small and fragile, I do not (let me repeat that...DO NOT) want you sitting on it; despite how cute you are (or think you are), how small you are...DO NOT SIT ON MY HIP. Today was something else...still unbelievable. Two healthy-looking adults were seated; leaving a small space (perfectly suited for a child) between them. Why-oh-why...someone please tell me WHY did some moron feel the need to squeeze between the two of them...which caused one to be squeezed into the side rail and the other to push me over--and you know I don't like people touching my body. The looks on the faces of the people sitting across from us said two things: 1) I feel sorry for you and 2) She knows good and well she is far too grown to be sitting there. And said 'Grown Person' sat there like she was in a state of heavenly comfort...just waiting on someone to peel her a frozen grape. Rush Hour in NYC...gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment