Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Movie Review: Obsessed, Wolverine

Obsessed [Idris Elba, Beyonce Knowles, Ali Larter]
The tag line for this movie should have been: When Addiction Takes a Wrong Turn.
From the start, I recommend this movie. I wasn't disappointed at all...in the script, in the overall movie, or in Beyonce's acting -- she did well and she's continuing to grow. Her character had a few good lines that will have you laughing and clapping. But I'm telling you...she worked those high-heeled boots in her fight seen. There was a moment where the entire audience was on the brim of screaming "ring the alarm," but that would have been mad cliched....and ghetto (but given the theatre we attended, ghetto would have been the proper decorum). The only disassociation I had with the film was Ali Larter's character...despite the fact she was crazy as hell...she was wearing some glorious designer wear. I'm not hating, but we wondered how she was able to afford that on a Temp's salary. You know me, if you can get it...please show me how. SEE THE MOVIE!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Hugh Jackman]
There is no need for me to write this review. Hugh Jackman. X-Men. Hugh. Jackman! (I know I've said it once, but I had to say it, again). Hugh can do no wrong to me. I adored and recommend this movie. While it wasn't as action-packed, to me, as the other X-Men movies, it still captured you and kept your adrenaline pumping...not to mention heart racing and palms sweating when Hugh runs across the screen stark-naked!!!!! There was a brief moment where it felt as if something (possibly the connection with our other favorite X-Men warriors) was missing, but it the film did what a prequel should do...leave you wanting more. SEE THIS MOVIE. There's a little treat after the credits; it just leave you...

NOTE: After you see Wolverine, be prepared to go back and watch the other three X-Men movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment