Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Ride or Die

My life has officially become a hip-hop song. Ok, not really, but it has had its share of unappreciated and uncalled-for drama, recently, and when you consider the true nature of ultimatums, it's essentially the ride-or-die, do-or-else, my way or the highway mentality. So unfitting of me; tres not my style.

I've wondered why people issue ultimatums: to be controlling? insecurity? afraid of losing something? the inability to properly communicate their wants/needs/concerns? While I'm clueless to the answer, I also haven't spent a large amount of brain power being that concerned. I am not sure of the effectiveness of ultimatums; there's too much involved...is it a win-win, win-lose/lose-win, lose-lose situation. Talk about a bore and a headache! I typically don't do them because the few that I've received have been hilarious and not worth my time or energy to give them a thought. I mean, really...it's me. We all know, I'm all about and it's all about...me. I have no problem burning a bridge and blowing away the ashes. Again, m to the e.

Well, I'm growing.... Recently, I received an ultimatum...while ultimatums by nature tend to box people in and make them feel trapped (and as part of our animalistic nature, our natural response is to fight), I plan to take time to consider all sides. My options: 1) lose a friendship (which, from what I gathered, has some kind of date [like born-on or expiration] on it...not sure, I'll have to clarify that) or 2) forgo writing about a specific subject in some of my work/blog posts.

I'm billing this as the 'ultimate' battle: Friendship vs. Fanship! Who's gonna ride!?

While I think I may have my answer, already, someone bring me a scale (of justice?) and some marbles. I'm going to weigh this out!

Feel free to weigh in...

No comments:

Post a Comment