Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Power of Sex

SEX.

'nuff said. Not! We all know sex is a powerful thang. It can make you feel good, it can make you lose your mind, it can take you places you've never been, have you speaking fluently in a language you've never studied, and it can make you do things you never thought possible and won't remember afterwards. But can it be used as an effective weapon (political, personal, professional, or otherwise) to get you what you want? We've all seen it happen in the movies, but can it actually happen in my or your life? Personally, I don't see it happening in mine...and that's primarily because the majority of the people I come across in my daily life aren't remotely as attractive as those in the movies. Sad, disappointing, and depressing...yet, true.

It was reported that in Kenya, women are being asked to ban (I'm assuming withhold) sex in hopes of obtaining political reform. The catch for me is that the mentioned time frame for the sex ban is 7 days. Some say that's too much. I ask, is it enough? I don't think seven days is a lot in terms of sex. If we discuss air, water, food, and other vital essentials along those lines for seven days, we could be on to something. But, withholding sex for a week with hopes of making an actual change...is sex really powerful enough to bring about a political reform in a week? I mean, it's good (depending on the parties involved, their talents, and skill levels), but it is ever really that good?

If so, I may need to move to Kenya. And for those of you who are braggers...feel free to forward me your resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment