Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

High Standards: The Markings of a Closet Sadist?

Decide what you want. State what you want. And don't settle for less. I don't see anything wrong with that; it's who I am, it's what I do...it's me!

I'm all about the specifics and details. Why waste time with the mundane or settling for something that doesn't satisfy your requirements? What's the point? You're only going to spend time trying to improve beyond repair or waste even more time trying to get what you're actually searching for.

Others don't understand; they criticize saying my standards are too high or I'm searching for an ideal. In a way, they're right. I'm always searching for an ideal; not because I'm deeply rooted in misery and unhappiness, but because I'm a perfectionist -- I'm constantly searching for the perfect piece to complete the puzzle--my puzzle! I search for my ideal; no one else's. What's right for me, isn't going to be right for someone else. Understand that!

A closet sadist? For knowing and going after what I want? I know not. If anyone is being tortured, it's me for dealing with those who know they can't fulfill the requirements, but still want to be in the way. Wasting time...and torturing me softly.

No comments:

Post a Comment