Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Movie Review: Julie & Julia

JULIE & JULIA [Meryl Streep, Amy Adams]

Appetizing. Delectable. Warmingly delicious. 'The butter to your bread.' Meryl Streep and Amy Adams deliver remarkable performances in this funny, heart-warming, mouth-watering, and loving comedy. This is truly the feel-good movie of the summer that will leave you satisfied, yet hungry. It's bound to have you running to three places after you see it: 1) the bookstore [for a Julia Child's cookbook] 2) the grocery store [for recipe ingredients...most likely beef chunks, lobster, and butter -- which makes everything taste better] and 3) your kitchen [to utilize numbers 1 and 2].

A minor detail in the movie, that most will likel overlook, but I just adore, praise, and highly recommend...COOKWARE. Both Julia and Julie used Le Creuset brand pots. These are my ABSOLUTE FAVES; there is nothing better. Trust me...I live by these pots and many of their other cookware line items. Many don't understand my fascination with them, but once you use them...you'll know. They are like gold...and make the best gifts! [hint, hint]

Go ahead, run to see this movie and prepare to get your cook on!

No comments:

Post a Comment