Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rebuilding Bridges

"Be careful of the bridges you burn, because you never know when you'll have to cross them, again." I'm sure you received this advice growing up, probably about as many times as you heard "Eat your vegetables" and "Look both ways before crossing the street."

Well, you know, this IS me, so let me tell you, I'm the master of burning bridges AND blowing away the ashes--you know I have to make it pop and 'kick it up a notch.' As for worrying about having to cross it, again; why bother? If you're, like me, pissed off to the point where you had to torch it; there obviously isn't anything (or anyone in a lot of cases) valuable "on the other side" that you would want or need to see, again. Besides, if there was a reason that I should ever need to cross; trust me, I'll get over. There's always another way across. Zip line, anyone!?

As time passes and life's journeys take us down various roads and across vast terrains, we have the occasional instances of dejavu -- either from a place that feels eerily familiar or from a place that is familiar. These are the moments where we think back on bridges that once were. Honestly, I sometimes think "what if" the bridge hadn't been burned and blown away; just unused. How would things have turned out? With me, that's often as far as it goes...again, I burned it or stopped traveling it for a reason. It's an extremely rare moment when I regret a past action/decision.

True Story: I ran across someone...or rather, someTHING...from my past a few days ago. We haven't had a connection in years; I couldn't remember if the bridge was burned, destroyed, it desentegrated, or if we just slowly and mutually grew apart because it was the healthiest thing to do. I couldn't recall us having any major issues; so, considering the time that had passed and how well I've grown, matured, maintained and heightened my level of sexiness (yes, I have redefined "grown and sexy"), I decided to at least do my part and establish a connection with "the other side." Don't get me wrong, this is 2009 and I am a highly efficient person (and Diva in My Own Right), so I didn't bother looking for a bridge that may or may not continue to be in existence. I used technology; I won't state which method; I'll let you choose: cellphone, text, Twitter, Facebook, email. That's all I'm doing; this is a two-way street. I've done my part...and let's not forget, this is ME; and I don't travel for other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment