Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Addiction (10/4/07)

Addiction: the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma. [a special thanks to: dictionary.com. Love it!]

To many it's taboo (one of those issues we don't [or won't] talk about).
To some it's a phase (been there, done that--I'll be back).
To others it's entertainment (I know many read Zane's "Addicted")
To all of us...it's a serious, highly misunderstood disease (check out HBO's documentary, Addiction) [And no, HBO is paying me for that plug]

People have said they are or have been addicted to many things...
Bad things -- alcohol, drugs (illegal and prescription), greed/power/money/control.
Good things -- love, chocolate, sex, shoes, other people [that may be some form of stalking, but I'm not sure].

At what point do we become addicted? Is there a specific point or is there a thin line?

Hi, I'm Syieve...and I have a thing for Propel by Gatorade. It pains me to drink regular bottled water...and I'm down to my last packet of Propel.........

No comments:

Post a Comment