Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Phenomenally Phabulous!

That's Me.

Jealous/Common people love to hate me; but I no longer wonder why...I simply don't care. They are right on a few notes: I'm stylish, I have class, I am poised, I know how to present myself, and I continuously strive for perfection. I am a firm believer in "image is everything." With that, I know not to let just anyone know my business and I understand the concept of secrecy. I take care of myself and I pay my bills. Contrary to popular belief, I am not "kept," but I do have an eye for nice things--most of which happen to be expensive in the eyes of most; which is where people get it twisted and lose their minds. What I have; I bought...or it was given as a gift. Not asked for, but given. There's a difference. If I ask for it...which occasionally I do, it's typically for my amusement--to see someone's reaction. The latest episode involves a bag--and not my LV, just a Tumi. I presented the info and pic for a bag that I wanted and asked to be notified when it arrived (as this Bozo had recently returned from a trip without even bringing me a keychain; I do this to everyone when they brag that they've taken a trip or will be taking one). Bozo responded with pictures of straw-bags from the Bahamas. I was expecting something like this, as this was the same doofus who wanted to taste my cookies because he bought me lunch...from Chipotle. I love me some Chipotle, but not that much. My response to his beach carry-all was, "cute, but not my style. Please refer to the info I sent previously." Fast forward a few days; giving my requested bag time to arrive. I ask: has it been delivered? When can I come pick it up? Please note that I offered to pick it up and did not ask that it be messengered to me. I received another whack response: "In Holland, there's a saying 'children who ask get passed over.'" People, please note: Stupidity is not attractive! I had to point out: 1) we're in America and 2) I shouldn't have to ask. (I'll save the "child" retort for later. Also, I pointed out that in America we have our own saying: "God bless the child who's got his own." Which led to me politely (in my own special way) informing him that my bag was delivered 3 days earlier and is now packed down with another that I've had for 2 years and have yet to use. I mean, really...it's only Tumi. I wish more people would understand that "cheap ain't cute and stupidity ain't sexy." For those just catching on...know me, believe me, and never underestimate the power of me. I’m independent and fabulous; phenomenally...that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment