Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Grooming In Public (6/16/06)

or better known as those processes you need to go through to make yourself look better before you step out in public and scare me to death and scar me for life!

Now, allow me to simply this for you: ask me, "Sir, should I groom in public?" That's a great question, thank you for asking.


Before I explain, let me give you a few specific answers...

1) In the words of every parent with at least ONE of Bebe's Kids, "NO!"

2) In the words of [the original] Destiny's Child, "No, No, No."

3) In the words of Whitney, "Oh HELL to the NO!"


Here's why...grooming in public is tacky and it's nasty as hell.


If I'm riding on the subway, I should not see you sitting across from me with tweezers in hand, pulling hairs from your mustache, chin, and eliminating branches from that nose-hair forrest of yours. I was too pissed at the lady who was doing this. Could she not have gotten up thirty minutes earlier? And NOT ONCE did she touch her unibrow.

Gentlemen, I know shaving can be a pain, but to use an eletric shaver while driving on the interstate is dangerous...and nasty as hell. Where are the clipped hairs going? On your clothes, between the seats, on the floor. NASTY! Shave AT HOME or walk around with a light shadow.

This last tidbit, I'm going to add in this edition as well...because some people swear up AND down they are "grooming" themselves. NOSE PICKING. Ladies and gentlemen, nose picking/digging far up your nose (in public, I might add) is not attractive. [To help you better understand...yeah, it ain' cute...AT ALL.] Furthermore, it does not give you superpowers...it does not make you invisible...I CAN SEE YOU! And it's nasty as hell.


My last suggestion on grooming in public...DON'T DO IT. Do it AT HOME...in the bathroom. Door closed. And LOCKED!

No comments:

Post a Comment