Yours Truly

My photo
New York, NY, United States
I'm your everyday, quintessential, slightly above average [pseudo] celebrity/poet/author/executive and personal assistant /voice actor who's talented, creative, charming, some-what funny individual who is indescribable in words. In short, I'm the person you never thought existed until you know me in your own special way.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Recession or Depression?

Cash or Charge?

We're in a recession; or at least a very depressing point in our economy. Point blank; semicolon? "Do rich people not feel it? Or are they choosing not to admit it?" That's what people I know are asking. Honestly, I'm not sure...and that's mostly because I'm not rich; although, I am willing to give it a try so I would be able to answer the question first-hand. Some say rich (however you operationally define rich--$100k, $500k, $20mil, "I didn't ask you the cost just have it delivered by 3pm”) people aren't feeling the recession (yet?); some say they are choosing to ignore it. Whatever. All I'm saying is, I recently went into Hermes...and was blown away. The merchandise was hot and tempting, as always, but the store was packed; it was as if (imagine this...) Wal-Mart was having a clearance sale. The crowd was unbelievable! And it was cold outside...people should have been in their homes or hotel rooms. I know you're wondering what I was doing on Madison Ave in Hermes. He he; ha ha. Don't get me wrong...I know how to handle my business. I'm not rich, but I love designer (NYC is all about love, labels, and the love of labels {Carrie Bradshaw put it best}). I've implemented my strategic spending strategy.

So...do rich people feel the recession or choose to ignore it? Ask one. The answer may intrigue you. It could be that they feel it and choose to ignore it. I mean, really, if you're gonna be broke...why not be broke and stylish? I do it every day! Another tip on how to be like me...has been sponsored in part by....a sponsor that is no longer in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment